The Back To The Future trilogy is a pure classic.
In my opinion, it’s the greatest classic ever assembled.
Yes, I’m aware that means I believe it to be better than:
- Star Wars
- Lord Of The Rings
- Harry Potter
- Indiana Jones
- Big Momma’s House Trilogy
What is it that makes BTTF such an amazing movie?
Sure, the special effects are awesome (for the mid-80’s), the storyline was dynamic and compelling, and the concept is inherently catchy. After all, who wouldn’t love to have time travelling abilities?
There are some huge, overlying themes in the Back To The Future series that conjure up the big questions in our life. We discuss these questions and more, like:
- Do small actions really create a chain reaction that will change the fabric of your life? (Like punching Biff out in the parking lot?)
- Does action always precede large scale improvement? (Like cold approaching Lorraine in the soda shop?)
- Are there moments in your life you wish you could go back to and change? (Like Old Biff giving the Sports Almanac to 1955 Biff?)
- Does your success have a profound effect on others around you? (Like the “new” McFly family at the end of the first film?)
It’s time to get existential.
It’s time to go back……………………..TO THE FUTURE! (Sorry, I just had to.)